June 11, 2021
When it comes to hot weather, if we're not prepared for it, we have a tendency to get hurt.
There are always stories in the news about animals and kids being stuck in the car on hot day, or older people who have no one checking on them dying of heat stroke. It's tragic and sad, but it's avoidable.
With the summer heat rearing its ugly, humid head I've got some tips for keeping your cool in extreme heat. Stay cool, my friends!
Questions? Comments? Email Steve
*-- Tips for Staying Cool in Extreme Heat --*
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, we should make sure to do the following things in extreme heat:
1. Be aware that infants, young children, people over 65 and mentally or physically ill people are more at risk for heat stroke, heat exhaustion, and dehydration.
2. Never leave anyone (whether people or animal) in a closed, parked vehicle in the hot weather, whether it is just for a few minutes, or longer. A vehicle that is closed up, or even with the windows just cracked, can become extremely hot, extremely quick, making the temperature hotter than outside the car.
3. Make sure to visit people who have no air conditioning frequently (at least once daily) to make sure they are not showing signs of heat stroke, heat exhaustion, or dehydration. The warning signs are red hot kin that is dry, not sweaty; a rapid, strong pulse; complaints of throbbing headache, dizziness, nausea, or confusion; unconsciousness; or a body temperature of over 103 degrees.
4. Drink water throughout the day. Don't rely on your body to get thirsty. Be careful of extremely cold beverages as well because they can cause cramps on a hot day. Also, use your urine as a guide. You should be going to the bathroom regularly and your urine should be light yellow to clear if you're drinking enough fluids. If it is dark yellow and has a strong ammonia smell, you need shade or a cool place and several cups of water or low sugar, non-alcoholic beverages.
5. Stay indoors and in the cool as much as possible. If you don't have air conditioning, go to the mall, community centers, public libraries, etc. during the hottest part of the day; or you can use one of these... The Portable Breezy Evaporative Air Cooler
- It's like a mini AC just for you!
It draws in the hot air around with a powerful fan, and blows it through a water-cooled filter. It even humidifies the air!
The Portable Breezy Evaporative Air Cooler
works with evaporative cooling technology and has 3 different speed settings and direct the airflow that can create a comfortable breathing environment - noticeably difference compared to a regular fan.
Use it in the kitchen while preparing dinner, the living room while watching TV, or even on the bedroom nightstand. It's lightweight and easy to take anywhere there's an outlet or USB adapter.
Is this going to cool a whole room down? No - but it provides a mini comfortable bubble exactly where you need it, saving you tons in energy costs! That's coolest thing of all! Check it out on PulseTV and Order yours today!
6. Always have water in the car. Whether you're going 10 minutes or on a trip, it doesn't matter. This will ensure hydration in unexpected situations.
As the temperature increases, please keep these in mind. Stay cool and stay safe!!!
This Is An Easy Way To Stay Dry Without An Umbrella!