Subscribe to CELEBRITY NOOZ
 
Subscibe to DEAL OF THE DAY
 


May 19, 2019

Here's the Scoop...

Gadgets2I'm not sure how I feel about this... Robert Pattinson is the front-runner to portray Batman in Warner Bros. upcoming solo film based on the caped crusader, according to reports.

Pattinson, most famous for his role as Edward Cullen in the Twilight series, is in negotiations to take on the Batman role which was last held by Ben Affleck, Variety says. The publication, citing sources, said that Pattinson is the studio's top choice and that a deal will be closed shortly.

The Hollywood Reporter, meanwhile, has stated that it is unclear if an offer is on the table for Pattinson who is on a short-list of actors, including Nicholas Hoult, Armie Hammer and Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

Deadline, citing sources, reports that Warner Bros. has yet to decide who will don the cape and cowl with the studio liking both Pattinson and Hoult with Pattinson holding the edge.

The next Batman film, titled The Batman, is set to arrive in theaters on June 25, 2021. Matt Reeves, who helmed Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and its sequel War for the Planet of the Apes, is directing.

The filmmaker previously said that The Batman will be noir driven.

Affleck previously starred as the iconic superhero in 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, briefly in 2016's Suicide Squad and in 2017's Justice League. Reeves signed onto the project after Affleck stepped down from the directors chair in January 2017. Affleck then exited the role this past January.

Pattinson has been featured in several independent films after appearing in Twilight. His next big role will be in director Christopher Nolan's new untitled project that is set to arrive in theaters on July 17, 2020.

I'm gonna say it - Batman doesn't sparkle!!!

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve

The latest Hollywood gossip is just a click away... Celebrity Nooz

Follow Us, Like Us, and Share Us with Friends on Facebook! Where Are They Now on Facebook

Rolling Stones announce rescheduled dates for North American tour

The Rolling Stones have officially rescheduled dates for their North American tour.

The British rock band announced new dates for their No Filter shows Thursday after postponing the tour in March due to Mick Jagger's heart surgery.

"We are delighted to announce the new US and Canada tour dates today!" the group wrote on Twitter. "All of the cities from the previously postponed shows are locked in, starting at Soldier Field in Chicago on June 21st and including a brand new date in New Orleans!"

"We apologize again for any inconvenience the re-scheduling of these dates may have caused you and hope to see you at a show very soon!" the band added.

Jagger and band mates Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood will now kick off the North American leg of the tour June 21 in Chicago. The venture concludes Aug. 31 in Miami.

The Rolling Stones said tickets for the original dates will be honored, with no need to exchange them. Fans unable to attend the rescheduled date can get refunds from Ticketmaster.

Jagger, 75, underwent heart valve replacement surgery in April. He shared a video of himself dancing in the studio Wednesday, six weeks after his procedure.

Here's the full list of dates for the rescheduled tour:

June 21, 25: Chicago, Soldier Field

June 29: Ontario, Canada, Canada Burl's Creek

July 3: Washington, D.C., FedEx Field

July 7: Foxboro, Mass., Gillette Stadium

July 14: New Orleans, Mercedes-Benz Superdome

July 19: Jacksonville, Fla., TIAA Bank Field

July 23: Philadelphia, Lincoln Financial Field

July 27: Houston, TX NRG Stadium

Aug. 1, 5: East Rutherford, N.J., MetLife Stadium

Aug. 10: Denver, Broncos Stadium at Mile High

Aug. 14: Seattle, CenturyLink Field

Aug. 18: Santa Clara, Calif., Levi's Stadium

Aug. 22: Pasadena, Calif., The Rose Bowl

Aug. 26: Glendale, Ariz., State Farm Stadium

Aug. 31: Miami, Hard Rock Stadium

Britney Spears' manager not sure 'if or when' she will work again

Britney Spears' longtime manager Larry Rudolph has clarified comments he made recently about her career, stating that he doesn't know if or when she might perform again.

Rudolph made headlines on Wednesday for comments he made to TMZ about the status of her career. The interview came amid rumors about her well-being and after the pop star had canceled her Las Vegas residency to care for her ailing father.

"Other media sources seem to be picking up my quotes from TMZ as implying that Britney will never work again. That's not what I said," Rudolph said to Billboard.

"I simply said that the Vegas residency is now officially off and that she hasn't called me in months to talk about doing anything so I'm not sure if or when she will ever want to work again. It's that simple," he continued.

Rudolph originally said to TMZ that Spears should not take up another Las Vegas residency.

"As the person who guides her career -- based on the information I and all of the professionals who with her are being told on a need-to-know basis -- from what I have gathered it's clear to me she should not be going back to do this Vegas residency, not in the future and possible never again."

Spears addressed fans in April, stating that all was well. "My situation is unique but I promise I'm doing what's best at this moment," she said.

"You may not know this about me, but I am strong, and stand up for what I want! Your love and dedication is amazing, but what I need right now is a little bit of privacy to deal with all the hard things that life is throwing my way."

LOOSE LIPS:

"It does feel great. The actual hands-on thing of saving animals is so rewarding and so inspiring ... to me it's one of the greatest joys that's ever come into my life."
--Brian May, on his passion for rehabilitating hedgehogs, on Channel 5 show Saving Britain's Hedgehogs

Too Much Pet Hair Or Lint? Our 5-Star Fur Wizard Is Just $7.99 PLUS Get a Free Travel Version!

??? Guess Who ???

Which comedian is joining forces with Lionsgate to reboot the 'Saw' franchise?

'Rick and Morty' Season 4 to arrive in November

We heard some of you were interested in this information. #WarnerMediaUpfront @rickandmorty pic.twitter.com/UkUINBmw9a- [adult swim] (@adultswim) May 15, 2019

Adult Swim has announced that its animated comedy series Rick and Morty will return with a fourth season in November.

Adult Swim, Cartoon Network's late night block of programming, made the announcement on Twitter Wednesday alongside a video of Rick and Morty repeatedly stating that they will be back in November.

The official Twitter account for Rick and Morty also uploaded a Season 4 poster of the duo.

Season 3 of Rick and Morty premiered on Adult Swim in April 2017. Show creators Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland announced in May 2018 that 70 episodes of the series had been ordered.

Rick and Morty follows a sociopathic yet genius scientist as he goes on dangerous adventures across the universe alongside his timid grandson.

The show has been adapted into multiple video games including virtual reality title Virtual Rick-ality and the Pokemon-inspired mobile title, Pocket Mortys.

November. Rick and Morty is returning in November.#WarnerMediaUpfront @adultswim pic.twitter.com/GCkuw7RxOa- Rick and Morty (@RickandMorty) May 15, 2019

Busy Philipps says tearful goodbye to 'Busy Tonight'

Busy Tonight host Busy Philipps had tearful goodbye on the show.

The 39-year-old actress and television personality said an emotional farewell during her final episode Thursday after E! canceled the series.

"We have learned that you should meet your heroes," Philipps said. "That competition kills creativity. That how you finish something is just as important as how you start it. That a career pivot is always a [expletive] option for everyone, just like Oprah told us it was when we were in elementary school."

"That giving to people can be so much more rewarding and fun than receiving. That it is okay to be passionate about women's rights but also care about face masks," she added. "That if you feel like no one gets you, just keep being yourself, dude, and you will find someone or maybe a lot of someones who do."

"And finally, the most important lesson that we learned here is that it is a marathon, not a sprint, and the real trick is figuring out what the [expletive] the marathon is that you're actually running. And I have to tell you something -- guys, we haven't even broken a sweat yet," the star told fans.

Philipps hosted actresses Linda Cardellini, Michelle Williams, Krista Miller, Whitney Cummings and Jennifer Carpenter as her final guests. She voiced her gratitude for her friends during the episode.

"I have all of these amazing ladies and I think there's a myth in this industry, but also just in the world, that women are jealous and competitive with one another. But I genuinely never feel jealous or competitive at all," the actress said.

Philipps announced this month E! was cancelling Busy Tonight after one season. She shared plans to shop the series around at different networks.

"We're meeting with people and seeing if there's another place that makes sense for it to go," the star said. "We would all like to figure out a way to continue to make it."

Philipps hosted Kim Kardashian, Camila Mendes, Mandy Moore, Daniel Radcliffe, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and other stars during her time on the show. She went public about having an abortion at age 15 during the May 7 episode.

??? Guess Who ???

Which comedian is joining forces with Lionsgate to reboot the 'Saw' franchise?

Chris Rock is teaming up with Lionsgate to reboot the Saw horror franchise with a new film set to be released on Oct. 23, 2020.

Rock penned a new Saw story that is being adapted into a screenplay by Pete Goldfinger and Josh Stolberg.

The comedian will also be executive producing the reboot which is described as a re-imagining of the series. Darren Lynn Bousman, who has helmed three previous Saw films, is returning to direct with series producers Mark Burg and Oren Koules also returning.

The original creators of Saw, James Wan and Leigh Whannel, are also executive producing alongside Daniel Heffner.

"I've been a fan of Saw since the first film in 2004," Rock said in a statement. "I am excited by the opportunity to take this to a really intense and twisted new place."

Rock will next be seen starring in Netflix's Dolemite is My Name! and Season 4 of FX's Fargo.