April 10, 2019
Most people remember to brush their teeth at least twice a day because they don't want to have bad breath or stained teeth. However, very few people remember to floss every day.
Your dentist likely reminds you at each visit about how important flossing your teeth is, but chances are you're like the millions of people in the world who only remember to floss when you have food lodged in your teeth.
Trust me, you'll be smiling ear to ear when you learn of these tips to improve your teeth both health-wise and looks-wise.
P.S. Did you miss an issue? You can read every issue from the Gophercentral library of newsletters on our exhaustive archives page. Thousands of issues, all of your favorite publications in chronological order. You can read AND comment. Just click GopherArchives
Comments? Questions? Email Steve
Too Much Pet Hair Or Lint? Our 5-Star Fur Wizard Is Just $7.99
PLUS Get a Free Travel Version!
*-- Tips for Healthy Living --*
Top Flossing Tips to Improve the Health & Look of Your Teeth
Always start your dental hygiene routine by flossing your teeth. When you floss before you start brushing, you'll be able to ensure all food particles the act of flossing unearths will be cleansed away. Begin the flossing process by removing about 18 inches of floss and winding each end of the floss around your middle fingers.
Then use your index finger and thumb to grasp the floss and glide is in between each of your teeth, using a gentle sawing motion. Don't forget to slide the floss on each side of each tooth, to get the best results and to remove most of the plaque, tartar and bacteria. As you move from tooth to tooth, unwind the floss from your middle fingers so you can get a clean section for each tooth.
It's a good habit to finish the process by brushing your teeth and rinsing with water or mouthwash. Remember, it doesn't matter what brand of floss you use. While Oral-B and Colgate brands are quite popular, any type of floss should be able to get the job done and give you a brilliant smile!
Now that you know how to properly floss, allow these top health and beauty reasons for flossing daily to provide you with inspiration to floss, floss, floss! Flossing daily can also reduce your yearly dentist bill!
Top 5 Reasons To Floss Every Day
1. Reduce Cavities (Ouch!): Tooth decay often begins in the small areas between two teeth, which is why flossing can prevent cavities. A toothbrush is a great tool for keeping teeth clean, but it can't get in between two teeth. When you floss, you remove the food particles that often get stuck and cause cavities. Fewer cavities lead to fewer fillings, which no one likes to endure.
2. Reduce The Risk Of Gum Disease: Periodontal and gum disease is caused by plaque accumulating on the gums and teeth. It can begin with gingivitis, but lead to much more serious problems. Flossing can help remove the plaque and thus, prevent gum disease.
3. Eliminate Bad Breath 'The Date Killer': One of the benefits of flossing every day is the prevention of bad breath. When plaque or food particles aren't removed from your teeth, they can start to decay and cause a very bad smell.
4. Reduce The Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease: Those with heart disease should be very careful about their oral hygiene, because the two are related. Bacteria in the mouth can often lead to the heart, which can be deadly for those who are susceptible.
5. Prevent Tartar Buildup & Teeth Yellowing: Tartar build up on the teeth can cause the teeth to look yellow or dirty. One of the main advantages to flossing every day is the fact it can help you keep your teeth looking clean and healthy