Subscribe to CELEBRITY NOOZ
 
Subscibe to DEAL OF THE DAY
 


Here's the Scoop...

Watched a terrible movie the other night. It was a terrible Star Wars movie. No. Not that one.

It was Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones! It was almost unwatchable. Check out my scathing review - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Now, enjoy the nooz!

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve

The latest Hollywood gossip is just a click away... Celebrity Nooz

Follow Us, Like Us, and Share Us with Friends on Facebook! Where Are They Now on Facebook



Director Danny Boyle quits Bond 25
Trainspotting and Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle will not helm the next, as-yet-untitled James Bond movie as planned, the franchise announced Tuesday.

"Michael G. Wilson, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig today announced that due to creative differences Danny Boyle has decided to no longer direct Bond 25," a statement on the film series' official website said.

No other details about Boyle's departure were immediately released.

Wilson and Broccoli are producers on the films. Craig is the actor who will reprise his role as the international spy in the upcoming sequel. He previously played the iconic character in Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace, Skyfall and Spectre.

Boyle's hiring for the 25th Bond movie was announced in May. The film is scheduled to be released in Britain on Oct. 25, 2019 and in the United States on Nov. 8, 2019.

"We are delighted to announce that the exceptionally talented Danny Boyle will be directing Daniel Craig in his fifth outing as James Bond in the 25th installment of the franchise. We will begin shooting Bond 25 at Pinewood Studios in December with our partners at MGM and thrilled that Universal Pictures will be our international distributor," Wilson and Broccoli said at the time.


Asia Argento denies sexual assault allegations
Asia Argento, a prominent leader of the #MeToo movement, has released a statement denying that she sexually assaulted actor Jimmy Bennett when he was 17.

The denial comes after documents obtained by The New York Times via an encrypted email sent by an unknown party have shown that Argento arranged to pay Bennett, now 22, $380,000 for sexually assaulting him.

Bennett was 7 years old when he starred in the 2004 film The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things with Argento, who played his mother. Argento also directed the project.

I strongly deny and oppose the contents of the New York Times article dated 20 August 2018," Argento's statement, first released by reporter Yashar Ali on Twitter Tuesday, said.

"I am deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false. I have never had any sexual relationship with Bennett," she continued, before stating that Bennett targeted her for money due to financial issues he was going through after her public profile was raised from helping start the #MeToo movement.

Argento also says that Bennett knew of her late boyfriend, chef Anthony Bourdain, and that it was Bourdain's idea to send Bennett the payment in order to avoid any negative press. "Anthony insisted the matter be handled privately and this was also what Bennett wanted. Anthony was afraid of the possible negative publicity that such person, whom he considered dangerous, could have brought upon us," she said.

"We decided to deal compassionately with Bennett's demand for help and give it to him. Anthony personally undertook to help Bennett economically, upon the condition that we would no longer suffer any further intrusions in our life," Argento said.

Bourdain died in June after committing suicide at the age of 61.

Argento, in October, accused Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment alongside 13 other women which help start the #MeToo movement. The actress and filmmaker also gave a speech at the Cannes Film Festival in May about Weinstein and his sexual misconduct through the years at the event.


LOOSE LIPS:
"Being devoted to the relationship is our biggest priority."
--Jessica Biel, on her marriage to husband Justin Timberlake, on Today



??? Guess Who ???

Which CW superhero shows are crossover this December?


Barbara Harris, 'Freaky Friday' star dead at 83
Barbara Harris, a Broadway and film star known for starring in Freaky Friday and Nashville, has died at the age of 83.

Harris died Tuesday from lung cancer in Scottsdale, Ariz., her close friend and co-founder of Chicago's iO Theater Charna Halpern confirmed to the Chicago Sun Times.

Harris' career started with the Second City improve theater in Chicago before taking the stage in Broadway. She earned a Tony nomination for her role as Daisy in musical On a Clear Day You Can See Forever and won a Tony in 1967 for her role in The Apple Tree.

Harris, in 1971, earned an Oscar nomination for her part in Who is Harry Kellerman and Why is He Saying Those Terrible Things About Me?. In Nashville, the actress was seen performing "It Don't Worry Me" to calm down a frightened crowd during the film's climax.

In the original Freaky Friday, released in 1976, Harris portrayed mother Ellen Andrews who switches bodies with her daughter Annabel, played by Jodie Foster. Other film roles included a part in filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock's last film Family Plot, A Thousand Clowns, Peggy Sue Got Married and Grosse Pointe Blank, among others.

"My friend and an amazing famous actress Barbara Harris passed away early this morning. My favorite memories of her were her sense of humor and how she made me laugh. If you haven't seen her movies-watch Family Plot and A Thousand Clowns. Those are two of my favorites. Ill miss her. Hopefully her friends, Del and Severn will meet her and help her in her passing," Halpern said on Facebook.


Kelly Marie Tran speaks out after online harassment: 'I am not giving up'
Kelly Marie Tran is speaking out after facing sexist and racist harassment online.

The 29-year-old actress said in an op-ed for The New York Times published Tuesday that she deleted all of her Instagram posts in June due to bullying.

"It wasn't their words, it's that I started to believe them," Tran wrote.

"Their words seemed to confirm what growing up as a woman and a person of color already taught me: that I belonged in margins and spaces, valid only as a minor character in their lives and stories," she explained.

"Their words reinforced a narrative I had heard my whole life: that I was 'other,' that I didn't belong, that I wasn't good enough, simply because I wasn't like them. And that feeling, I realize now, was, and is, shame," the star said. "And to me, the most disappointing thing was that I felt it at all."

The Star Wars: The Last Jedi star wiped her Instagram account after experiencing months of online abuse. She said she struggled with "self-hate" before rejecting "the boundaries of another person's approval."

"I want to live in a world where people of all races, religions, socioeconomic classes, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities are seen as what they have always been: human beings," the actress wrote. "This is the world I want to live in. And this is the world that I will continue to work toward."

"These are the thoughts that run through my head every time I pick up a script or a screenplay or a book," she said. "I know that I now belong to a small group of privileged people who get to tell stories for a living, stories that are heard and seen and digested by a world that for so long has tasted only one thing. I know how important that is. And I am not giving up."

Tran, who is of Vietnamese descent, played Rose Tico in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and will reprise the role in Star Wars: Episode IX. Her co-star John Boyega told fans to stop harassing the franchise's actors in a tweet in June.


??? Guess Who ???

Which CW superhero shows are crossover this December?

The CW has announced three of its DC superhero dramas -- Arrow, The Flash and Supergirl -- will crossover with each other starting in December.

The crossover event will take place over three episodes on each series starting with The Flash on Dec. 9 followed by Arrow on Dec. 10 and then Supergirl on Dec. 11.

The CW made the announcement Tuesday on Twitter alongside a promotional image of all three superheroes standing together along with a bat-signal being projected into the sky.

The crossover will introduce Batwoman, portrayed by Ruby Rose, into The CW's shared DC television universe.

Batwoman, a Jewish lesbian who fights crime in Gotham City and champions social justice, may appear in her own series that is currently in development at The CW.

Recently, Rose left Twitter due to the backlash she received over her casting as Batwoman. "Where on earth did 'Ruby is not a lesbian therefore she can't be Batwoman' come from -- has to be the funniest most ridiculous thing I've ever read. I came out at 12? And have for the past 5 years had to deal with 'she's too gay' how do y'all flip it like that? I didn't change. I wish we would all support each other and our journeys," she said in a statement.

The CW's other DC superhero dramas, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning, do not appear to be taking part in the crossover.