MOUTHPIECE - February 20, 2018
Let's get to the excellence that is... Mouthpiece!
First off, The quotes I have selected for you are spelled correctly and are attributed to the right people.
Then, there are two websites that are fun and interesting and good time-wasters and feature Lazy Hollywood Shortcuts and 25 Facts About George Washington.
And finally, check out the 'Dr. Report' if your curious about what it says on other patient's charts.
So enjoy and I hope that... I don't know. I just ran out of steam there.
P.S. Did you miss an issue? You can read every issue from the Gophercentral library of newsletters on our exhaustive archives page. Thousands of issues, all of your favorite publications in chronological order. You can read AND comment. Just click GopherArchives
[m] q u o t e s . o f . t h e . d a y
"This is the sixth book I've written, which isn't bad for a guy who's only read two."
"Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think."
--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
"Procrastination isn't the problem, it's the solution. So procrastinate now, don't put it off."
[m] What's On the Web?
Lazy Hollywood Shortcuts, Explained With Diagrams
From Cracked.com: You probably already know that movie and TV characters are formulaic. But what you may not realize is that everything about them is some sort of shorthand. And almost none of it makes sense. Don't believe us? Don't worry, we drew you some diagrams. Take a look!
Visit: Lazy Hollywood Shortcuts, Explained With Diagrams
25 Facts About George Washington
George Washington was the first President of the United States, and one of the most interesting. Here are 25 very interesting facts about his life, presidency, and service to the country.
Visit: 25 Facts About George Washington
[m] b i t s . n . b o b s
*-- Doctor's Reports --*
1. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
2. On the 2nd day the knee was better and on the 3rd day it disappeared completely.
3. The patient has been depressed ever since she began seeing me in 1993.
4. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be depressed.
5. Discharge status: Alive but without permission.
6. Healthy appearing decrepit 99 year-old male, mentally alert but forgetful.
7. The patient refused an autopsy.
8. The patient has no past history of suicides.
9. Patient has left his white blood cells at another hospital.
10. Patient's past medical history has been remarkably insignificant with only a 40 pound weight gain in the past three days.
11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
12. She is numb from her toes down.
13. While in the ER, she was examined, X-rated and sent home.
14. The skin was moist and dry.
15. Occasional, constant, infrequent headaches.
16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
17. Rectal exam revealed a normal size thyroid.
18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until she got a divorce.
19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our Car for physical therapy.
20. The patient was to have a bowel resection. However, he took a job as a stockbroker instead.
21. Skin: Somewhat pale but present.
22. Patient was seen in consultation by Dr. Blank, who felt we should sit on the abdomen and I agree.
23. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities.
Missed an Issue? Visit the Mouthpiece Archives