MOUTHPIECE - October 24, 2017
Halloween is just one week away! Yay, candy!
Enjoy a some quotes, sites, and a list of signs that you're too old to trick or treat.
So as we're getting ready for Trick 'r Treat, today is all about the treats. Maybe next week will be about tricks. I haven't decided yet.
P.S. Did you miss an issue? You can read every issue from the Gophercentral library of newsletters on our exhaustive archives page. Thousands of issues, all of your favorite publications in chronological order. You can read AND comment. Just click GopherArchives
[m] q u o t e s . o f . t h e . d a y
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something."
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles."
"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners."
[m] What's On the Web?
18 Horror Movies With Diabolically Clever Foreshadowing
From Cracked.com: Horror movies are built for maximum shock and surprise, right? As it turns out, not so much. In fact, they're crammed to the ear-tufts with hints about what's coming. Here's 18 hints of things to come...
Visit: 18 Horror Movies With Diabolically Clever Foreshadowing
Do you know your state's motto? Well, this website provides curious folks a quick, easy guide to learn the motto, nickname, and more about the 50 states.
Visit: State Mottos
[m] b i t s . n . b o b s
*-- Ten Signs That You're Too Old for Halloween --*
1. You get winded from knocking on the door.
2. You have to ask someone to chew your candy for you.
3. You ask for high fiber candy only.
4. When someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.
5. People say, "Great Keith Richards mask!" and you're not wearing a mask.
6. When the door opens you yell, "Trick or..." and you can't remember the rest.
7. By the end of the night you have a bag full of restraining orders.
8. You carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hair piece.
9. You're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.
10. You avoid going to houses where your ex-wives live.
Missed an Issue? Visit the Mouthpiece Archives