Powered By

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Greetings fellow Bizarros:

Two people who ordered a flaming cocktail, were rushed to a hospital after suffering severe burns to their upper bodies, according to police in Texas.

Highland Village police said that the incident unfolded at the Shoal Creek Tavern.

The couple ordered the flaming cocktail, and while the bartender set the drinks on fire, a bottle of alcohol broke. The beverage caught on fire and injured the couple.

The victims were taken to the Parkland Medical Center, where they are being treated for severe burns from the waist up. Their injuries were not considered life threatening.

The bar was shut down for a few hours, following the incident.

Police are investigating the incident, but so far, no charges have been filed.


P.S. Did you miss an issue? You can read every issue from the Gophercentral library of newsletters on our exhaustive archives page. Thousands of issues, all of your favorite publications in chronological order. You can read AND comment. Click

Questions? Comments? Email:

*---------------- Poppin' Fresh ----------------*

Washington state troopers responded to a semi truck on the interstate that started to lose its load of bread dough when the heat caused the yeast to rise. Trooper Brooke Bova, the Public Information Officer for District 1, tweeted a photo showing the back of the truck with the rising dough spilling out through the top and back of the trailer. "When you think you've seen it all....dough! The heat is making it rise!" Bova tweeted. Bova wrote the truck driver, who was not injured, "said it's the combination of the amount of yeast and the heat." The mess was cleaned up by the Washington State Department of Transportation, which tweeted out a series of half-baked bread puns, like; "You knead to be an early riser to keep up on this." And, "Dough or dough not...there is no rye."


*------- Monkey Bites Kan Be Pretti Nasti -------*

The search is underway for a monkey and its owner. Police in Terrell, Texas, said the two were at the Buc-ee's convenience store when a girl was reportedly bitten by the animal. Police are asking for information on the pair. Police apparently want to make sure the monkey is up-to-date on its shots and the girl who was bitten is not in any danger of illness. Buc-ee's did not release any statement on the incident.

*-------------- READER COMMENTS --------------*

That lady making the breast milk brownies for a school. That's a tall stack. Was the milk past her eyes?

To the person who responded that the man whose fiancee convinc'd him to get the 500,000 dollar lottery ticket should dump her before she could claim half his fortune: You don't know very many full 'girls'. a real girl wouldn't settle for less than 90% if not all the fortune. Ask a femme of either sex. -LilyWilly

They recalled all that coffee just because of a little viagra? What a waste. I read a story recently which claimed that there are 300 or more artificial chemicals, many of them dangerous, in any random sample of tap water in the United States. There are so many hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, preservatives, contaminants, and poisons in everything we consume, breathe, work with and even touch, that it's no wonder the entire western world is becoming sterile.

*----------- END OF READER COMMENTS ----------*

Top Viewed Issues