GopherCentral.com Powered By PulseTV.com
strong>Here's the Scoop...

I still can't believe that Tom Petty is gone. It was always nice to know that he would be touring soon or had a new album on the horizon...well, it seems like the best of both worlds is becoming a reality.

A four-CD box set of previously unreleased songs by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers titled An American Treasure, is set for release on Sept. 28.

The collection is the first posthumous album for Petty who died in October at the age of 66 from an accidental drug overdose.

An American Treasure will contain 60 tracks spanning unreleased studio recordings, live recordings, deep cuts and alternative versions of famous Petty songs, Rolling Stone reported, citing an announcement made on SiriusXM radio.

Petty's wife Dana and daughter Adria help put the collection together along with former Heartbreaker members Benmont Tench, Mike Campbell and studio collaborator Ryan Ulyate. A two-CD version of An American Treasure will also be released.

A song from the set titled "Keep a Little Soul," was released Wednesday alongside a music video featuring archival footage of Petty and the Heartbreakers.

This set sounds like the perfect way to honor the man and his music. I think I'm going to pick it up. How about you, Petty fans?

Also, big things are happening with our website, Celebrity Nooz. I'll keep you updated on all of the...updates, improvements, and new interactive features. Stay tuned!

Oh, and make sure to head over to our site and suggest a celebrity and vote on which one should be featured in this Friday's edition of 'Where Are They Now' - it's the yellow box with the text inside that says: Who are your forgotten favorites? 'Where Are They Now' needs your Celebrity Suggestions and Votes! Thanks!

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve

The latest Hollywood gossip is just a click away... Celebrity Nooz



Joaquin Phoenix confirmed to star in The Joker origin movie
Actor Joaquin Phoenix has signed on to play The Joker in an origin story about the DC Comics super-villain, Warner Bros. Pictures announced Tuesday.

Todd Phillips is to direct the as-yet-untitled, live-action film from a screenplay he penned with The Fighter scribe Scott Silver.

"Phillips' exploration of a man disregarded by society is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale," the studio said in a news release.

The Hollywood Reporter said filming is set to begin in New York this September.

Batman's iconic nemesis The Joker previously has been played on the big screen by Jack Nicholson, Heath Ledger and Jared Leto.

Phillips' movie is expected to take place outside the extended DC Universe as part of a new division that would allow Warner Bros. to tell unique comic book stories using different actors in the the title roles.

Leto is still expected to portray The Joker in a Suicide Squad sequel.

Phoenix, 43, has starred in the films The Master, Her, Walk the Line, Quills, Gladiator, To Die For and Parenthood. He will be seen starting Friday in Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot. Phillips' credits include Old School, The Hangover trilogy and War Dogs.


Sarah Palin, daughter 'duped' by Sacha Baron Cohen
Sarah Palin says that she and her daughter fell victim to Sacha Baron Cohen and were tricked into giving an interview she referred to as exploitive.

Palin and Cohen crossed paths as part of the comedian's upcoming Showtime series Who is America? The project, written, directed and starring Cohen, features the actor speaking with politicians while under disguise.

A trailer for Who is America? recently released on Cohen's Twitter page, teases an interview with former Vice President Dick Cheney. "Is it possible to sign my waterboard kit?" Cohen asks Cheney, hinting at the politically-charged questions that will be asked on the show.

"Yup - we were duped. Ya' got me, Sacha. Feel better now?" Palin said on Facebook Tuesday as part of a long post slamming Cohen alongside a screenshot of a tweet made by political commentator Matt Drudge who said Cohen is targeting republicans and democrats.

Palin explains that she was asked to give an interview concerning military veterans that would be used as part of a documentary.

"For my interview, my daughter and I were asked to travel across the country where Cohen (I presume) had heavily disguised himself as a disabled U.S. Veteran, fake wheelchair and all. Out of respect for what I was led to believe would be a thoughtful discussion with someone who had served in uniform, I sat through a long 'interview' full of Hollywoodism's disrespect and sarcasm - but finally had enough and literally, physically removed my mic and walked out, much to Cohen's chagrin. The disrespect of our US military and middle-class Americans via Cohen's foreign commentaries under the guise of interview questions was perverse," she said.

"Mock politicians and innocent public personalities all you want, if that lets you sleep at night, but HOW DARE YOU mock those who have fought and served our country. Truly sick," she continued and said she felt that Showtime dropped her and daughter off at the wrong airport on purpose.

Who is America? is set to premiere July 15 at 10 p.m. ET on Showtime.


LOOSE LIPS:
"We love each other deeply, we're so close."
--Tessa Thompson, on her relationship with rumored girlfriend Janelle MonĂ¡e, to Porter



??? Guess Who ???

Which cast member called the 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' cancellation and move 'dramatic'?


Jada Pinkett Smith recalls past addiction to sex, alcohol
Jada Pinkett Smith is revisiting her past addiction to sex and alcohol.

The 46-year-old actress discussed her propensity to binge on Monday's episode of her Facebook web series, Red Table Talk.

"My sort of addictions jump, they jump around," she said. "When I was younger, I definitely think I had a sex addiction of some kind, yes, that everything could be fixed by sex."

Smith also shared a past problem with alcohol.

"I remember reaching a rock bottom that time I was in the house by myself and I had those two bottles of wine and was going for the third bottle," the star said. "So I went cold turkey."

"That's the thing about me, I can go cold turkey. I am a binger, and I always have to watch myself and just how I can get obsessed with things," she explained.

Smith previously discussed her sexual history during an episode of Red Table Talk in May. She told her daughter, Willow Smith, that she developed an addiction to masturbation when she was younger.

"I actually think I went through a kind of addiction, too, with it," the star said. "And then one day I was like, 'Enough. You're having five orgasms a day.'"

Smith is parent to 17-year-old Willow and 20-year-old son Jaden Smith with her husband, actor Will Smith. Will said in an interview with the Rap Radar podcast last week that he and Smith don't refer to themselves as married anymore.


'Game of Thrones' spinoff to begin filming in October
The Game of Thrones spinoff will begin filming in the fall.

Deadline reported the prequel pilot will start production in Belfast, Northern Ireland, in October after getting the greenlight at HBO.

The spinoff, which has a tentative title of The Long Night, will film at The Paint Hall at Titanic Studios, according to the Belfast Telegraph. HBO has previously used the studio to film Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones is based on George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series, and will return for an eighth and final season on HBO in 2019. HBO ordered a pilot for a prequel series in June.

"Yes, it is true, after more than a year of development, HBO has greenlit the first of the Game of Thrones successor shows that we've been working on," Martin confirmed in a blog post.

Martin said The Long Night will take place 10,000 years before the events of Game of Thrones. Kingsman: The Secret Service screenwriter Jane Goldman penned the pilot script and will serve as showrunner.

"Yes, this is a prequel, not a sequel," Martin added. "None of the characters or actors from Game of Thrones will appear in the new show."


??? Guess Who ???

Which cast member called the 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' cancellation and move 'dramatic'?

Terry Crews detailed how he felt about Brooklyn Nine-Nine's initial cancellation while appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Tuesday.

"It was like the most dramatic thing ever," the actor said when asked about how the police comedy's cancellation by Fox and subsequent renewal for a sixth season by NBC.

"It was the shock of a lifetime," he continued before explaining how fans and celebrities expressed their love for the series online.

"The Internet flipped out," he said. "There has never been a greater example then the difference between Nielsen ratings and what people are actually watching then Brooklyn Nine-Nine. We had Guillermo del Toro, we had Lin-Manuel Miranda, Mark Hamill saying, 'this is our favorite show, what are you doing?'"

Brooklyn Nine-Nine will make its return with Season 6 on NBC starting in 2019.

Top Viewed Issues