GopherCentral.com Powered By PulseTV.com
Here's the Scoop...

Talk about taking things to the extreme...Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have selected a carriage for their upcoming royal wedding.

The 33-year-old British royal and 36-year-old American actress will use an Ascot Landau carriage from the Royal Mews during their wedding procession May 19.

"The carriage is one of five Ascot Landaus in the Royal Mews," Kensington Palace tweeted. "The carriages are used in official and ceremonial state events, such as Coronations, Royal Weddings and State visits."

Harry and Markle will take a carriage ride through Windsor after tying the knot at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle. The procession begins at 8 a.m. ET, and will take the couple through Windsor Town before returning to Windsor Castle.

"It's a wonderfully bright, small, lovely carriage, very easy for people to see -- the passengers can sit up quite high. So there's lots of visibility for everybody," the Crown Equerry, Col. Toby Brown, said of the carriage.

The carriage will be drawn by a team of Windsor Grey horses, including father and son duo Storm and Tyrone. Coachman Philip Barnard-Brown said it takes years of training for the breed to draw the carriages of the royal family.

"Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle are very much looking forward to this short journey which they hope will be a memorable event for everyone who has gathered together in Windsor to enjoy the atmosphere of this special day," the palace said in a statement.

Harry's brother, Prince William, also used an Ascot Landau carriage during his wedding procession with Kate Middleton in April 2011. William and Middleton now have three children, and celebrated daughter Princess Charlotte's third birthday Wednesday.

When it comes to stressful wedding stuff, for my money, picking out the carriage is right up there with seating arrangements, favors, and the dress; but that's just me.

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve

The latest Hollywood gossip is just a click away... Celebrity Nooz



'Arrested Development' Season 5 will be available 'like, real soon'
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz said Tuesday that a fifth season of his star-studded comedy will be available on Netflix very shortly.

"Like, real soon," he tweeted. "Like, if you knew when, you would not be wrong to be thinking 'why are we all just hearing this now?'"

He did not reveal who from the cast returned for the fresh run of episodes. Previous seasons starred Jason Bateman, Jessica Walter, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, Portia de Rossi, David Cross, Michael Cera and Ali Shawkat.

Hurwitz said a re-mixed version of Season 4 will be posted on the streaming service Friday.

"It's funny in a whole new way," he wrote.

Seasons 1-4 are now on Netflix. The show about the dysfunctional Bluth family initially had a three-season run on Fox from 2003 to 2006, and was revived for a fourth season on Netflix in 2013.

The streaming service confirmed last year that the series would return for a fifth season in 2018 and Bateman announced on social media last August that production was underway.


Ashley Judd suing Harvey Weinstein for defamation, sexual harassment
Actress Ashley Judd filed a lawsuit Monday against disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, saying he tried to ruin her career when she refused his sexual advances.

Judd was one of the first actresses to shed light on Weinstein's purported sexual misconduct, alongside Rose McGowan and others, when she shared her story with The New York Times in October.

In the lawsuit, Judd said Weinstein dissuaded filmmaker Peter Jackson from casting her in his Lord of the Rings trilogy. Jackson previously said in an interview with Stuff he was "fed false information" about Judd from Weinstein after meeting her to discuss a role.

Judd is suing Weinstein for defamation, sexual harassment and violations of California's unfair business competition law.

"Mr. Weinstein's abusive conduct toward others has caused no end of damage to aspiring actors and others in the film and entertainment industry," Judd said in a statement. "As my experience and the experience of others shows, even a few false statements from Mr. Weinstein could destroy potentially career-changing professional opportunities. It's time that Mr. Weinstein be held accountable for that conduct and for the ways in which he's damaged careers."

The film star has said she will donate any financial award from the suit to a charity that benefits women.

"The most basic investigation of the facts will reveal that Mr. Weinstein neither defamed Ms. Judd nor ever interfered with Ms. Judd's career, and instead not only championed her work but also repeatedly approved her casting for two of his movies over the next decade," Weinstein responded through his spokesman. "The actual facts will show that Mr. Weinstein was widely known for having fought for Ms. Judd as his first choice for the lead role in Good Will Hunting and, in fact, arranged for Ms. Judd to fly to New York to be considered for the role. Thereafter, Ms. Judd was hired for not one, but two of Mr. Weinstein's movies, Frida in 2002 and Crossing Over with Harrison Ford in 2009."

Monday, a number of Hollywood stars including Meryl Streep, George Clooney, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Jake Gyllenhaal, Bill Murray, Julia Roberts, Rachel McAdams and author Stephen King filed objections to the bankruptcy sale of the Weinstein Co., stating they are owed profits for participation across various projects.

The stars object to the transferring of rights to those projects without being paid the default amounts. Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino also filed an objection saying he's owed over $4.5 million from four films.

Citizen Harvey, a documentary about the producer, will be presented at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival, which starts next week and runs until May 19. The film, from Man on Wire producer Lightbox and the BBC, will explore Weinstein's sexual harassment scandal.


LOOSE LIPS:
"When I walk into a room, I hope to have interesting conversations with people; I'm not interested in whether people look at me or not. In fact, quite the opposite."
--Kate Winslet, on avoiding "showoff clothes" at events, to The Hollywood Reporter



??? Guess Who ???

Which actress deleted her Instagram photos to help promote her new film?


'Avengers' cast read Mean Tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
The cast of Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War including Benedict Cumberbatch, Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Evans among others, took part in another edition of Mean Tweets on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

"Benedict Cumberbatch always looks like he's had an allergic reaction to bad shrimp," one fan tweeted toward the actor, who portrays Dr. Strange in the Marvel films.

"Also while I'm comparing old men to reptiles, ever notice that Samuel L. Jackson looks like a snapping turtle?" Jackson, who plays Nick Fury, read from a commentator before starting to laugh as an image of a snapping turtle was placed alongside him.

Evans was unable to control his laughter after reading a tweet that criticized his portrayal of Captain America. "Perhaps Chris Evans is in truth a great actor but he plays Captain America like he's a big dumb hunk of [expletive]," the tweet said.

Avengers stars Tom Hiddleston, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Holland, Anthony Mackie, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Rudd, Dave Bautista, Winston Duke, Sebastian Stan, Karen Gillan, Paul Bettany and Chris Pratt were also featured in the skit.

Avengers: Infinity War was the No. 1 film in North America by earning $250 million. The number is a new, domestic box-office record for biggest opening weekend, putting Infinity War ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which earned $248 million in its first week.


HBO orders third season of 'Westworld'
HBO announced Tuesday it has ordered a third season of Westworld, its science-fctioni drama starring Evan Rachel Wood and Thandie Newton.

The renewal announcement was made by Casey Bloys, president of programming for the cable network.

"It's been an extraordinary pleasure to work with the exceptionally talented Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, as well as their gifted cast and crew," Bloys said in a statement. "From the inspired storytelling to the incredible visuals, we are so excited to see where the next chapter will take us."

Season 2 of the show about artificial consciousness started airing April 22. The series co-stars Jeffrey Wright and James Marsden.


??? Guess Who ???

Which actress deleted her Instagram photos to help promote her new film?

Blake Lively scrubbed her Instagram account Monday to promote her new film.

The 30-year-old actress deleted all of her photos and unfollowed her friends, including husband Ryan Reynolds, in support of her movie A Simple Favor.

Lively replaced her biography with the question, "What happened to Emily?" She also followed 28 people named Emily Nelson, some of whom expressed their confusion online.

"does anyone want to tell me why Blake Lively followed me and had this as a bio. Goodbye cruel world some hacker is anti-Emily, my time has come," one person tweeted.

Lively plays a character named Emily Nelson in A Simple Favor. The film stars Anna Kendrick as a blogger who investigates her best friend's (Lively) disappearance from their small town.

"I've always been looking for a kind of Hitchcockian-style thriller. This one provided that," director Paul Feig told Hollywood Streams at CinemaCon in April. "Lots of great twists and turns, but also two very fun, compelling characters."

A Simple Favor opens in theaters Sept. 14.

Top Viewed Issues