GopherCentral.com Powered By PulseTV.com
Here's the Scoop...

I know this isn't Bizarre News, but here's something bizarre that pertains to the entertainment community.

Corey Feldman said on Twitter Wednesday that he was stabbed Tuesday night alongside photos of himself being hospitalized.

The actor says that he was stabbed while sitting in his car with a security guard when three men approached his vehicle. He says he was stabbed while his security guard was distracted and another car pulled up with an attacker.

"I'm in the hospital! I was attacked 2nite! A man opened my car door & stabbed me w something! Please say prayers 4 us!" Feldman said alongside photos of himself laying in a hospital bed and being checked on. "Thank god it was only myself & my security in the car, when 3 men approached! While security was distracted, w a guy a car pulled up & attacked! I'm ok!"

Feldman referred to the attackers as a "wolfpack" who has been sending threats to him on social media and said that the Los Angeles Police Department is investigating the manner as an attempted homicide.

"@lapd r currently investigating the case as an attempted homicide! I have had mounting threats on all sm platforms by this vile "wolfpack" & this Im sure is a result of those negative actions! I have reason 2 believe its all connected! Enough is enough! How sick r these ppl?!?" the 46-year-old continued.

The LAPD said to Fox News that they were not aware of an investigation at this time.

Feldman made headlines in October when he announced how he was going to expose Hollywood pedophiles by making a film that would be funded through an Indiegogo campaign. Feldman, in a video promoting the campaign which has since ended after raising over $270,000 out of $1 million, said that he has put his life at risk since announcing the project.

Poor Corey Feldman. That kid cannot catch a break.

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve

The latest Hollywood gossip is just a click away... Celebrity Nooz



************************

Selena Gomez, Kumail Nanjiani booked for 'Voyage of Doctor Dolittle'
Robert Downey Jr. announced on social media Tuesday who will be lending their voices to various animated critters in his movie The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle.

"I am most pleased to announce the stellar voice cast joining me on The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle," Downey Jr. wrote in a Facebook post. "Emma Thompson, Rami Malek, Octavia Spencer, Ralph Fiennes, Kumail Nanjiani, Selena Gomez, Craig Robinson, Carmen Ejogo, Tom Holland, Marion Cotillard, Frances De La Tour and John Cena."

Downey Jr. will play the titular hero who communicates with animals in the Universal Pictures movie, which is inspired by the 1920s children's books by Hugh Lofting. The role was previously played on the big screen by Rex Harrison and Eddie Murphy.

Stephen Gaghan is directing the latest film based on a script he wrote from an earlier draft penned by Tom Shepherd.


Olivia de Havilland's 'Feud' lawsuit thrown out in appeals court
Olivia de Havilland's lawsuit against FX for its series Feud: Bette and Joan, has been tossed out by a three judge panel in appeals court.

De Havilland, 101, sued the network in July stating that Feud's showrunners used her name and image without permission or compensation and negatively and inaccurately portrayed her as a gossip monger. Catherine Zeta-Jones played de Havilland in the series which depicted the battle between actresses Bette Davis (Susan Sarandon) and Joan Crawford (Jessica Lange.)

The appeal court in a unanimous decision on Monday concluded that the Gone With the Wind star does not have "the legal right to control, dictate, approve, disapprove, or veto the creator's portrayal of actual people" and that Zeta-Jones' portrayal "is not highly offensive to a reasonable person as a matter of law," Deadline reported.

FX attempted to have the case tossed out citing First Amendment rights last fall but Judge Holly Kendig denied the motion, Variety reported. The network then appealed with support from The Motion Picture Association of America who said the court's ruling could affect the ability of filmmakers to portray real events with added elements.

Feud creator Ryan Murphy hailed the court's decision in a statement calling it a "victory for the creative community and the First Amendment."

"Today's victory gives all creators the breathing room necessary to continue to tell important historical stories inspired by true events. Most of all, it's a great day for artistic expression and a reminder of how precious our freedom remains," he said.

De Havilland's attorney Suzelle Smith said in a statement that would prepare an appeal. "Miss de Havilland, her many fans all over the world, and actors in similar situations are rightly disappointed in this Opinion," she said. "The Opinion does not properly balance the First Amendment with other important rights. ... The Court of Appeal, unlike the trial Court, has taken on itself the role of both Judge and jury, denying Miss de Havilland her Constitutional rights to have a jury decide her claims to protect the property rights in her name or to defend her reputation against knowing falsehoods."

The second season of Feud due in 2018 titled Charles and Diana, will depict the marriage between Prince Charles and Princess Diana.


LOOSE LIPS:
"I understand how much trouble you go to to be at my shows, what it entails, the planning, the schedules, etc. I am very very sorry, and I'm very grateful for your understanding."
--Pink, postponing a concert as she recovers from the flu, on Twitter



??? Guess Who ???

Which Oscar-winning actor will play explorer Cortes in a miniseries for Amazon?


Connie Britton to star in Bravo's 'Dirty John' series
Nashville and 9-1-1 actress Connie Britton has signed on to star in and executive produce the first season of Bravo's anthology series Dirty John.

The show is based on the articles and true-crime podcast of Los Angeles Times reporter Christopher Goffard.

Britton will play Debra Newell, "a successful interior designer and single mom from Orange County" whose "romance with the charismatic John Meehan "spiraled into secrets, denial and manipulation," a news release from the cable network said.

The series has already been green-lit for two seasons.

Britton's other credits include SMILF, American Horror Story, Friday Night Lights, Spin City, 24 and The West Wing.


'Bohemian Rhapsody' to release in November, 'X-Men' delayed
Fox has shuffled the release dates for a number of their upcoming films with Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody starring Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury now arriving on Nov. 2 instead of Dec. 25.

Bohemian Rhapsody is taking the release date that was previously held by mainline X-Men series sequel Dark Phoenix which has been delayed until Feb. 14, 2019.

New Mutants, another film in Fox's X-Men series from director Josh Boone and starring Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, Henry Zaga, Blu Hunt, and Alice Braga, has been pushed back from its Feb. 22, 2019 release date and will now arrive on Aug. 2, 2019. The horror-based film was originally set for release on April 13.

Fox also announced that medieval adventure The Kid Who Would Be King will release on March 1, 2019 instead of Don Winslow's adaptation of The Force which has been delayed. Breakthrough, a faith-based film starring Chrissy Metz and Topher Grace, will hit theaters on April 12, 2019 alongside animated feature Spies in Disguise.

Bohemian Rhapsody, scripted by Anthony McCarten, with Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor serving as music producers, will follow the years leading up the band's Live Aid concert in 1985. Filmmaker Dexter Fletcher stepped in to direct the film after Fox fired original helmer Bryan Singer.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix based on the classic X-Men comic series The Dark Phoenix Saga, will feature the story of the Phoenix Force inheriting Jen Grey's (Sophie Turner) body, unlocking her true power and turning her into a dangerous force. The film written and directed by Simon Kinberg, will feature the returns of Michael Fassbender (Magneto), James McAvoy (Professor X), Jennifer Lawrence (Mystique), Nicholas Hoult (Beast), Evan Peters (Quicksilver), Alexandra Shipp (Storm), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops) and Kodi Smit-McPhee (Nightcrawler).


??? Guess Who ???

Which Oscar-winning actor will play explorer Cortes in a miniseries for Amazon?

Javier Bardem has landed the lead role of 16th century Spanish explorer Hernan Cortes in a four-hour miniseries for Amazon Studios.

"It is a privilege to tell this epic story -- one that is full of drama and conflict within this huge, historical spectacle where two distant civilizations clash at the height of their reign," Bardem said in a statement Monday. "The best and worst of human nature came to life in all its light and darkness. As an actor, there is no better challenge than to serve such a unique project that I have been passionate about for years, and I am thrilled to be working with this dream team of Steven Spielberg, Steven Zaillian and Amazon."

Zaillian wrote the series and will executive produce it with Bardem and Steven Spielberg.

Zaillian and Spielberg previously worked together on the classic World War II drama Schindler's List.

Bardem is known for his roles in Mother!, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Skyfall, No Country for Old Men and Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

Top Viewed Issues