Looking Good - February 19, 2018
*-- Thirty Minute Pedicure --*
It's time to treat your feet! Here are the steps to give you the 30 minute pedicure that you and your feet have been waiting for...
* Clean toenails and use nail polish remover to get rid of all traces of polish.
* Cut toenails using a nail clipper and use an emery board to file nails into desired shape. Hold the board slightly angled down over the edge of the nail. Smooth the edges towards the center with a light motion.
* Gently massage the nail surfaces with a cuticle oil or cream.
* Fill a bowl with warm water and add a handful of bath salts of a few drops of pure essential oil. Place both feet in the bowl and soak for five to ten minutes.
* Thoroughly dry feet with a towel and apply a drop of cuticle remover to the nail contours. Leave it on for a few minutes while you smooth away any hard skin or callouses on the soles of your feet using an exfoliating cream.
* Use a manicure stick covered with cotton wool to gently "roll" the cuticles back. Massage the hard skin with the scrub, then rinse off in the warm water.
* Rinse your feet in cold water to increase circulation. Dry them again with a towel and pay special attention to the skin between your toes.
* To remove any oily film, clean your toenails with a cotton pad soaked in remover.
* Apply a base coat of polish, followed by two coats of polish, and finally a top coat. Placing cotton wool between the toes helps separate them and makes it easier to apply polish.
Missed an Issue? Visit the Looking Good Archives