GopherCentral.com Powered By PulseTV.com
Here's the Scoop...

Let's get right to the nooz!

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve



************************

Jeremy Piven denies groping former Playboy model
Actor and producer Jeremy Piven "unequivocally" denies groping a former Playboy model.

The 52-year-old Entourage alum issued a statement through his publicist Tuesday after Ariane Bellamar alleged Piven "forcefully" fondled her on two occasions.

"I unequivocally deny the appalling allegations being peddled about me. It did not happen," Piven said.

"It takes a great deal of courage for victims to come forward with their histories, and my hope is that the allegations about me that didn't happen, do not detract from stories that should be heard," he added.

Bellamar accused Piven in a series of tweets Monday of groping her on the set of Entourage and at the Playboy Mansion.

"Hey @jeremypiven! 'Member when you cornered me in your trailer on the #Entourage set? 'Member grabbing my boobies on the [couch] without asking??" the model wrote. "'Member when I tried to leave; you grabbed me by the ass, looked at yourself in the mirror, & said what a 'beautiful couple' we made? #MeToo."

"Jeremy Piven, on two occasions, cornered me & forcefully fondled my breasts & bum. Once at the mansion & once on set. #MeToo @AriMelber @CNN," she added, tagging Piven's former co-star Ari Melber.

HBO, which aired Entourage from 2004 to 2011, issued a statement Tuesday in the wake of Bellamar's allegations.

"Today, via the press reports, is the first we are hearing about Ariane Bellamar's allegations concerning Jeremy Piven," the network said. "Everyone at HBO and our productions is aware that zero tolerance for sexual harassment is our policy. Anyone experiencing an unsafe working environment has several avenues for making complaints that we take very seriously."

CBS, which broadcasts Piven's show Wisdom of the Crowd, also responded, telling Deadline the network is "aware of the media reports" and is "looking into the matter."


Selena Gomez is named Billboard's 2017 Woman of the Year
Selena Gomez has been deemed the 2017 Woman of the Year by Billboard for inspiring "young women everywhere."

The singer will be presented with the award at the annual Women in Music dinner and awards gala Nov. 30 at the Ray Dolby Ballroom in Los Angeles.

Gomez joins a list of past winners that include Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Pink, Fergie and last year's winner Madonna.

"Not only is Selena soaring on the charts, but she continuously inspires young women everywhere to be authentic, give back and to not be afraid to use their voice," president of The Hollywood Reporter-Billboard Media Group John Amato said in a statement.

"She is never afraid to speak her mind and has used her platform to advocate for the needs of others. We are thrilled to be able to honor her as our Woman of the Year," he continued.

Gomez tweeted "Thank you" to Billboard following the announcement.

The Women in Music event which also honors the most powerful female executives in the industry, will be hosting for the first time a red-carpet pre-show that will be broadcasted live on Twitter on Nov. 30 from 9 p.m. to midnight EST.

Recently, Gomez made headlines following reports that the pop star had split from The Weeknd after dating for almost 10 months.


LOOSE LIPS:
"There are billboards everywhere in L.A. right now and she says 'That's silly, why is mommy wearing a Santa hat?'"
--Mila Kunis, admitting daughter Wyatt doesn't know what she does for a living, on Jimmy Kimmel Live



??? Guess Who ???

Who is Forbes' highest-earning dead celebrity?


Rose McGowan slams arrest warrant: 'Are they trying to silence me?'
Rose McGowan spoke out against a warrant for her arrest issued in January after airport police said they found traces of narcotics in her belongings.

"Her personal belongings that were left behind from a flight arriving on Jan. 20 tested positive for narcotics," spokesman for the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Police Department Rob Yingling said in a statement. "Our police have attempted to contact Ms. McGowan so that she can appear in a Loudoun County, Va., court to respond to the charge."

The charge against McGowan who has been at the center of the Harvey Weinstein sexual assault scandal, is a felony. McGowan has also been entered into a national law enforcement database.

"Are they trying to silence me? There is a warrant out for my arrest in Virginia. What a load of [expletive]," McGowan tweeted Monday in response to the warrant.

McGowan, who was among the several woman who told the New York Times that Weinstein sexually assaulted them, has used Twitter to slam the film producer and others in Hollywood accused of sexual misconduct including Kevin Spacey.

"Bye bye, Spacey goodbye, it's your turn to cry, that's why we've gotta say goodbye. #ROSEARMY," she tweeted following allegations from actor Anthony Rapp that Spacey tried to seduce him when he was 14.

Recently, McGowan canceled all public appearances citing "compounding factors" related to the Weinstein controversy.


Bette Midler says 'Hocus Pocus' remake will be 'cheap'
Bette Midler says the Hocus Pocus TV remake will be a "cheap" film.

The 71-year-old actress, who played Winnie Sanderson in the original 1993 movie, spoke out Monday in an interview with People following news the Disney Channel is producing a reimagining of the film.

"I know it's cheap. It's going to be cheap!" Midler told the magazine while hosting the New York Restoration Project's Hulaween party.

"I'm not sure what they're going to do with my character," she added. "My character is very, very broad and I don't know who they're going to find to play that."

The Disney Channel confirmed plans in September to remake the comedy horror movie. The Royals writer Scarlett Lacey will pen the script, with original producer David Kirschner as executive producer.

Midler, co-stars Kathy Naijimy and Sarah Jessica Parker, and original director Kenny Ortega won't be involved with the new film. Deadline reported the movie will instead feature a new cast, which has yet to be announced.


??? Guess Who ???

Who is Forbes' highest-earning dead celebrity?

Michael Jackson has been dead for more than eight years, but the King of Pop is still topping charts as Forbes' highest-earning dead celebrity of 2017, the publication announced Monday.

Jackson's estate earned more than $75 million this year -- the fifth year in a row Jackson topped Forbes dead celebrity list. The lucrative year was boosted by an animated Halloween special on CBS, a new compilation album released last month and an ongoing Cirque de Soleil tribute show, among other business ventures.

The estate recently underwent a $1 billion turnaround, Billboard reported, going from $500 million in debt to $500 million in cash.

Other dead celebrities that made the top five on the Forbes list were Arnold Palmer, who died last year but still earned $40 million in 2017 through golf apparel and Arizona beverages; Peanuts creator Charles Schulz, who earned $38 million with MetLife using his characters in advertisements; Elvis Presley, who continues to attract fans to Graceland; and Bob Marley, whose estate has used his likeness on audio products and beverages.

Another dead celebrity to make the list is Albert Einstein at No. 10, whose estate earned $10 million from companies using his likeness on an array of products, including posters and tablets.

Top Viewed Issues