Looking Good - September 27, 2017
*-- The Essentials for the Makeup Bag --*
When getting ready in the morning, it's important to have all your key makeup items in one easily accessible place. Invest in a great makeup bag or train case to hold everything you need. A bunch of loose makeup floating around in a bathroom drawer isn't easy to find or use.
There are five basic items you need for your 'everyday' face. And, with a little organization, you can get your makeup done for the workday in five minutes flat!
1. Invest in a great long-wearing foundation, preferably one that dries to a powder finish. Not only will this last flawlessly the entire day, but you won't need the extra step of using a powder to set it.
2. After foundation, your next step is concealer. Use it under the eyes and on the lids as a shadow base. Products that have a dual use are especially time-saving.
3. Don't forget blush in a soft tone to help perk up your face! Go with a pink-based blush if you are fair, and a brownish plum for darker or olive skin tones.
4. Next, it's on to a quick eye. Sweep a lighter, cream- colored shadow all over the lid from lash to brow, and a slightly deeper shade pressed into the lower lid. Finish with a soft plum, khaki or brown eyeliner for daytime along with a few coats of mascara. Don't overdo the eye area; soft is best for daytime when you want to present a polished, professional face.
5. The last item you need should go into your handbag. Lipstick or lip gloss is the one thing you should carry with you at all times. Lastly, if you have an evening function, your essential makeup bag can be taken with you for a late day touch-up, and it's a definite must-have.
Missed an Issue? Visit the Looking Good Archives