GopherCentral.com Powered By PulseTV.com
Here's the Scoop...

Get ready to lose you minds 'Game of Thrones' fans! 'GOT' star Emilia Clarke says Season 7 will be "very satisfying."

The 30-year-old British actress, who plays Daenerys Targaryen on the HBO series, said in an interview with Rolling Stone that the new season will tie up "some loose ends" and confirm or deny longstanding rumors.

"Spoiler alert -- I normally don't spend very much time in Belfast, but this last season I spent a little more time there," Clarke said of the Northern Ireland capital, where many of the scenes in Westeros are filmed.

"It's a really interesting season in terms of some loose ends that have been tied, some really satisfying plot points, some things where you're like, 'Oh my God. I forgot about that!'" she added. "Rumors are going to be confirmed or denied."

Game of Thrones will premiere a seventh season July 16, and return for an eighth and final season in 2018. Clarke confessed the show's end will be jarring, but said she won't return to star in any potential spinoffs.

"There's going to be a shake-up of my identity, I think. And I feel like I'm only going to understand what the last seven years has been when we stop," the actress shared.

"I mean, I have no doubt there'll be prequels and sequels and who knows what else. But I am doing one more season. And then that'll be it," she asserted.

Game of Thrones released a new Season 7 trailer featuring Clarke last week. The actress' co-star Kit Harington, who portrays Jon Snow, previously confirmed in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that Season 7 will move "much quicker" than previous seasons.

"This season is really different than any other season because it's accelerating toward the end, a lot of stuff collides and happens much quicker than you're used to seeing on Thrones," the actor said. "It's quite exciting."

I've never seen Game of Thrones, but I hear good things. Are you excited about season 7?

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve



************************

'Spider-Man: Homecoming': Robert Downey Jr. says he's 'extremely humble'
Robert Downey Jr., who has played Tony Stark/Iron Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since 2008, says he is still happy to be part of the franchise.

Asked at this week's press conference for Spider-Man: Homecoming if he sees the movie led by 21-year-old actor Tom Holland as something of a passing-of-the-torch or if he would like to continue appearing in various Marvel superhero blockbusters, Downey Jr. quipped, "I've been semi-retired since the first weekend [Iron Man was released.]

"The great thing about life is good things happen -- I'll speak for myself -- and you get inflated and you think, 'Oh, my God, I've created everything that is going my way.' And then things happen where you go, 'Alright there is a little evidence to the contrary,' and, at this point, you go back to, 'It's nice to just be on this call sheet.' So, as you can see, I've changed dramatically and am extremely humble," the 52-year-old actor added.

To date, Downey Jr. has starred in three Iron Man movies, The Incredible Hulk, two Avengers pictures and Captain America: Civil War -- all of which are part of the MCU. Downey Jr. is also expected to co-star in a pair of upcoming Avengers movies, set for release in 2018 and 2019.


Ron Howard starts work on Han Solo movie
Hollywood filmmaker Ron Howard confirmed he has begun work on a Star Wars standalone adventure.

"Cool scene today but I'm afraid this is the most revealing image I dare share from my 1st day on the set of the Untitled Han Solo movie," Howard tweeted Thursday, along with a photo of his feet beside a case of water bottles.

The post came a week after Lucasfilm said co-directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller had left the Star Wars spinoff, four months into production, due to creative differences.

Despite the switch in directors, the movie is still scheduled for release May 25.

"At Lucasfilm, we believe the highest goal of each film is to delight, carrying forward the spirit of the saga that George Lucas began 40 years ago," Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, said in a statement announcing Howard had come onboard. "With that in mind, we're thrilled to announce that Ron Howard will step in to direct the untitled Han Solo film. We have a wonderful script, an incredible cast and crew, and the absolute commitment to make a great movie. Filming will resume the 10th of July."

The movie is an origin story for the iconic smuggler Harrison Ford played in four Star Wars blockbusters. Alden Ehrenreich will play the younger version of the character. The new picture will co-star Donald Glover, Joonas Suotamo, Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, Thandie Newton and Phoebe Waller-Bridge.


LOOSE LIPS:
"When one cries, two cry, then three cry. Chain reaction is a real thing at our house."
--Pharrell Williams, on parenting triplets, on The Tonight Show



??? Guess Who ???

Which news anchor is exiting MSNBC after six months?


Jerry O'Connell, Sydney Poitier to star in detective procedural
Sony Pictures Television Networks says it has ordered Carter, a detective procedural starring Sliders and Stand By Me icon Jerry O'Connell and Chicago P.D. alum Sydney Poitier, for its international channels.

Principal photography will begin next month in North Bay, Ontario. The 10-episode show follows O'Connell's title character, an actor known for playing a detective on a hit TV show and forced to return to his hometown after an embarrassing public meltdown in Hollywood, a press release explained.

Carter then tries to parlay his acting experience into a career as a real-life detective, partnering with his long-time friend and a no-nonsense veteran of the local police force, played by Poitier.

"Our channels are hungry for easy-to-watch, easy-to-program procedurals, and Carter more than fills that void. It delivers both star power and self-contained crime stories with a comedic edge. The scripts are smart and charming, and Jerry and Sydney are great together. We love this show for our channels," Marie Jacobson, executive vice president of programming and production for Sony Pictures Television Networks, said in a statement Thursday.


'Sense8' getting a 2-hour finale after cancellation
A 2-hour movie is being planned to wrap up Sense8, the sci-fi drama Netflix recently canceled after two seasons.

Co-creator Lana Wachowski took to Facebook on Thursday to thank fans for the outpouring of love and support she received after the series got the axe. She also had good news to share about the globe-trotting thriller that starred Max Riemelt, Doona Bae, Jamie Clayton, Tina Desai, Tuppence Middleton and Toby Onwumere.

"Death doesn't let you say goodbye. 2 hour finale episode in the works. Tell your cluster," the show's Facebook page said, introducing a letter in which Wachowski wrote, "Improbably, unforeseeably, your love has brought Sense8 back to life."


??? Guess Who ???

Which news anchor is exiting MSNBC after six months?

Greta Van Susteren is exiting MSNBC after joining the network in January after departing Fox News.

"I'm out at MSNBC," Van Susteren wrote on Twitter Thursday to announce her exit. Her husband Jon Coale noted to CNN, "They let her go," and added, "We're working out contract issues now."

"We have enjoyed having her on our air and we're thankful to her and the show team," MSNBC president Phil Griffin said in a memo.

Van Susteren hosted For the Record on MSNBC in the 6 p.m. slot which will soon be filled by the network's chief legal correspondent and weekend host Ari Melber in July.

A 25-year cable news veteran, Van Susteren hosted On the Record with Greta Van Susteren on Fox News for 14 years and previously worked as a legal analyst and co-host at CNN.

Van Susteren has continued to answer fans questions and respond to well-wishes on Twitter regarding her departure.

"I can only say I did my best...of course not perfect..but the facts matter and so does a good hearted debate," she wrote in response to a fan calling her a "voice of reason."

Top Viewed Issues