MOUTHPIECE - April 4, 2017
I used to think I was cool, hip, and happening. Now, the only things cool, hip, and happening about me is my air conditioner, my actually hips, and my brother's getting married.
If you still think you're cool be sure to get a rude awakening from the Bits 'N' Bobs section and discover 'You Are No Longer "Cool" When...'
Plus, there are quotes, 18 Actors Whose Onscreen Reactions Make No Sense, and The X-Files: 10 Greatest Guest Stars!
Remember, if you read Mouthpiece you're cool!
P.S. Did you miss an issue? You can read every issue from the Gophercentral library of newsletters on our exhaustive archives page. Thousands of issues, all of your favorite publications in chronological order. You can read AND comment. Just click GopherArchives
[m] q u o t e s . o f . t h e . d a y
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with."
--W. C. Fields
"The greatest justice in life is that your vision and looks tend to go simultaneously."
"It is easier to stay out than get out."
[m] What's On the Web?
18 Actors Whose Onscreen Reactions Make No Sense
Cracked.com: "When it comes to filmmaking, one of the top priorities is telling, at the very least, a cohesive story. Just kidding! Storytelling that makes sense will always take a backseat to plot conveniences. Which is how we ended up with these very, very dumb character reactions. Behold..."
Visit: 18 Actors Whose Onscreen Reactions Make No Sense
The X-Files: 10 Greatest Guest Stars
From denofgeek.com: "We revisit the 10 most memorable guest performances in The X-Files' long history, from Rhys Darby to Luke Wilson and beyond."
Visit: The X-Files: 10 Greatest Guest Stars
[m] b i t s . n . b o b s
*-- You Are No Longer "Cool" When... --*
1. You daughter says she got pierced and you look at her ears.
2. The pattern on your shorts and couch match.
3. You criticize the kids of today for their loud music, forgetting that you rocked out to Alice Cooper and Black Sabbath.
4. You call the police on a noisy party next door instead of grabbing beer and joining it.
5. You turn down free tickets to a rock concert because you have to work the next day.
6. When grass is something that you cut, not cultivate.
7. When jogging is something you do to your memory.
8. You bought your first car for the same price you paid for your son's new running shoes.
9. You actually ASK for your father's advice.
10. Getting a little action means your prune juice is working.
Missed an Issue? Visit the Mouthpiece Archives