Looking Good - March 29, 2017
*-- The Benefits of Eating an Egg A Day --*
I love my egg sandwiches in the morning. People say you shouldn't eat eggs, or eggs are good for you. The opinion is always changing, as with any foods. I researched the benefits of eating an egg a day and it turns out, it is a good idea to have an egg a day!
An egg a day:
- helps prevent against macular degeneration
- contains ingredients that help lower the risk of developing cataracts
- contains 6 grams of high-quality proteins and all nine essential amino acids
- contains naturally occurring Vitamin D
- may even prevent breast cancer. Six eggs a week can lower the risk by 44%
- contains 5 grams of fat and only 1.5 grams of it is saturated fat
- helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system
- according to the Harvard School of Public Heath study, can actually help prevent blood clots, strokes and heart attacks
- can promote healthy hair and nails because of the sulphur content and vitamins and minerals
No matter how an egg is prepared, these benefits are still universal. Substituting for the chemically-enhanced liquid egg substitutes or powders will not give you the same benefits as a real egg will!
Missed an Issue? Visit the Looking Good Archives