MOUTHPIECE - March 14, 2017
I know it's a little early, but today's Mouthpiece is all about St. Patrick's Day. Hooray!
I figured that I'd better get this one out because I'm gonna be enjoying St. Patrick's Day like I'm sure you and many of your fellow readers will be, I'll drink to that!
Good times, folks! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
P.S. Did you miss an issue? You can read every issue from the Gophercentral library of newsletters on our exhaustive archives page. Thousands of issues, all of your favorite publications in chronological order. You can read AND comment. Just click GopherArchives
[m] q u o t e s . o f . t h e . d a y
"A pound of pluck is worth a ton of luck."
--James A. Garfield
"We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?"
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."
[m] What's On the Web?
Random Irish Name Generator
From NameNerds.com: Ever need an Irish name for a character in a novel? Or just because you're a nerd and have nothing better to do? Click the button to get an Irish name! Note: not all of the anglicized names are Irish in origin. Many of them are just names that you would find in Ireland.
Visit: Random Irish Name Generator
Trap the Leprechaun Game
From akidsheart.com: Try to catch the leprechaun by trapping him in with the blocks. He's a tricky one!
Visit: Trap the Leprechaun Game
[m] b i t s . n . b o b s
*-- 10 Hilarious Sayings To Celebrate St. Patrick's Day --*
1. "There are only two kinds of people in the world. The Irish and those who wish they were."
2. "Here's to a long life and many more. A quick death and an easy one. A pretty girls and an honest one. A cold beer - and another one!"
3. "Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip."
4. "If you''re luck enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough!"
5. "In Heaven there is no beer that's why we drink it here."
6. "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the Bible says love thy enemy."
7. "I come from an Irish family. St. Patrick's Day was our big holiday. The night before we'd hang up our stockings and in the morning they'd be full of beer." --Sean Morey
8. "There are many good reasons for drinking, one has just entered my head. If a man doesn't drink when he's living, how in the hell can he drink when he's dead?"
9. "If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks." --Brendan Behan
10. "As an American of Irish descent, I am sick of these Irish stereotypes. As soon as I finish my drink, I'm going to punch someone."
Missed an Issue? Visit the Mouthpiece Archives