Friday, July 22, 2016
A GMO is a genetically modified organism. They are becoming more and more popular with Agribusiness giants because they can be engineered, controlled, manipulated, and most importantly, patented!
But while GMOs have a lot of financial advantages (at least to those who design and own them), there are many potential health risks involved.
While there is not sufficient research to confirm that GMOs are a risk, it is true that after GMOs were introduced in 1996 the percentage of Americans with three or more chronic illnesses jumped from 7 percent to 13 percent, food allergies skyrocketed, and disorders such as autism, reproductive disorders, digestive problems, and others are on the rise.
So what to do if you don't want to risk your health or your family's health with genetically modified Frankenfoods?
To start, there are ten foods which provide over 90 percent of the GMOs in your diet. You can avoid most of these right at the store.
Thanks for reading,
Your Living Green editor
Email the Editor
The top offenders:
1. Corn (and than includes corn syrup)
2. Soy (and that includes soy bean oil)
3. Sugar (comes from GMO sugar beets)
4. Aspartame - Yes, it's GMO and it's a neurotoxin
5. Papayas - Especially supermarket papaya
6. Canola oil - It's an industrial product
7. Cottonseed oil - from India and China. It's in everything
8. Dairy - Bovine growth formula is in 30 percent of U.S. milk
9. Zucchini - get organic only
10. Squash - get organic only