MOUTHPIECE - June 7, 2016
Hey, it's almost officially summer. That's the good news. The bad new is that for for some summer school is right around the corner.
Those of you that are or have been a participant of the dreaded summer school have some fun with 'The Top 10 Signs You Have A Bad History Teacher'.
Don't worry. Just pay attention and summer school will be over quick. And then summer fun can be had. But, until then...
P.S. Did you miss an issue? You can read every issue from the Gophercentral library of newsletters on our exhaustive archives page. Thousands of issues, all of your favorite publications in chronological order. You can read AND comment. Just click GopherArchives
[m] q u o t e s . o f . t h e . d a y
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
"Always get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted a whole day."
"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me."
[m] What's On the Web?
50 Best Opening Lines in Movies
Now I don't know if these are indeed the 50 best opening lines, but there are many memorable ones. You be the judge.
Visit: 50 Best Opening Lines in Movies
11 Authors Who Hated the Movie Versions of Their Books
More often than not it's said that the book is better than the movie. This article shows that most of the time it's the author that says it.
Visit: 11 Authors Who Hated the Movie Versions of Their Books
[m] b i t s . n . b o b s
*-- The Top 10 Signs You Have A Bad History Teacher --*
1. Constantly gets Indonesia and Outdonesia confused.
2. As incentive for learning, when you name a state capital, you get to take a shot.
3. Insists that one of Popes during the Roman empire was Pope Bubba.
4. Thinks that Mussolini was Hitler's favorite pasta.
5. Counts Puerto Rico, Mexico and Canada as "technically" U.S. States.
6. Tells you that it's Napoleon that's the ice cream that comes in 3 flavors in one box.
7. Insists that the Great Depression could have been stopped with the right amount of Lithium.
8. Threatens to renact Salem Witch Trials/Burnings if homework is not turned in on time.
9. Claims that it was Martin and Lewis that were the great explorers of the West.
10. Credits David Hasselhoff and not Democracy for the fall of the Berlin Wall.
(From Aha! Jokes)
Missed an Issue? Visit the Mouthpiece Archives