GopherCentral.com Powered By PulseTV.com
Here's the Scoop...

It was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Carrie Fisher has continued to open up about the recently revealed affair she had with her Star Wars costar Harrison Ford, noting that she is "surprised at the reaction."

"I don't think it is that surprising," the actress said Monday on Today to continue promoting her new memoir, The Princess Diarist which details the fling.

"It was sad because I was so insecure and it's very raw and obviously I didn't expect anyone, including myself I suppose later on, to read it," Fisher said of the diary entries featured in the book that she wrote while filming the original Star Wars in 1976.

According to Fisher who gave Ford an advanced copy of her memoir, she got together with the actor for three months following a birthday party for director George Lucas.

Notably, Fisher was 19 at the time while Ford was a 33-year-old married father of two. The romance had run its course after filming was completed on Star Wars.

When asked about having an affair with a married man, Fisher responded that she felt guilty stating, "I wasn't raised that way. But when you're on location -- this is something I discovered -- everything is permitted."

"It was a three-month one-night stand," she said.

So I guess she's into guys that are stuck up... half-witted... scruffy-looking... Nerf-herders!

Be Well,
Steve


Comments? Questions? Nooz? Email Steve



************************

'Game of Thrones' icon Emilia Clarke joins Han Solo standalone movie
British actress Emilia Clarke has joined the ensemble of the upcoming Han Solo standalone Star Wars movie.

The Game of Thrones icon will act alongside Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo and Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian in the as-yet-untitled movie, the official Star Wars blog announced.

No details about her role have been revealed yet.

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are directing the latest chapter in the space epic, which is set for theatrical release next year.


LOOSE LIPS:
"I met this guy 14 years ago today and it was the best thing that ever happened to me, no contest. One of his greatest gifts to me is that he no longer takes me to sing karaoke."
--Jim Parsons, celebrating his anniversary with partner Todd Spiewak, on Instagram


??? Guess Who ???

Which rocker said he was 'uninvited' to perform at the presidential inauguration?



Barbra Streisand says men were too intimidated to date her
Barbra Streisand says she had difficulty dating prior to her marriage to James Brolin.

The 74-year-old singer and actress revealed in the December issue of W that many men were too afraid to ask her out before she ultimately met and married the 76-year-old actor.

"Strong women are, simply, women with opinions. And they have always been treated with suspicion," Streisand said while reflecting on her movie roles. "And sadly, the strong women usually don't get the guy at the end of the film."

"The last movie I directed was The Mirror Has Two Faces, and one of the reasons I took the job was because she got the guy in the end," she shared. "I thought, 'Hmm, I've been alone too long. I think I'll do this movie,' and then, in real life, I also got the guy at the end!"

"There's a certain amount of intimidation and fear," the star said of her former prospective dates.

Streisand, who was previously wed to actor Elliott Gould from 1963 to 1971, married Brolin in 1998. The couple met on a blind date, where the singer impressed Brolin with her honesty.

"[We] were set up on a blind date. I met him at dinner and expected a bearded mountain-man type, and he had cut off all his hair and was clean-shaven. I asked him, 'Who screwed up your hair?'" she told W.

"He later told me that's when he fell in love with me. My fella likes to hear the truth, which is unusual," the star said.

Streisand and Brolin recently collaborated on the new Hallmark Channel movie I'll Be Home for Christmas, which premieres Nov. 27. The actor convinced Streisand to record two songs for the film, marking her first-ever musical TV project.

"That wasn't necessarily easily done because she's never lent any of her music to any television," Brolin said on Harry this week. "It was my manager's idea. He said, 'What if? What if?' and I said, 'Forget it.'"

"One day at dinner I said, 'You know honey, what if? What if?' And I didn't get much back right then and then a couple of days later it's, 'Merry Christmas, here's your Christmas present,'" he shared.


??? Guess Who ???

Which rocker said he was 'uninvited' to perform at the presidential inauguration?

Rocker Vince Neil said he won't be performing at U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's inauguration, despite reports claiming he will be.

The 55-year-old Motley Crue alum cleared up the confusion in a video posted on TMZ Friday. In it, he explained how he was contacted two months ago and invited to play the high-profile bash in Washington on Jan. 20.

He said he and his band-mates agreed to submit their passports for Secret Service clearance and thought they were booked to perform at the gala, regardless of who won the election.

However, it seems the invitation came from Democrat Hillary Clinton's camp, but since Trump beat her in the election, he gets to choose his own performers for the event and didn't pick Neil.

"As far as I knew from that, we were playing," Neil said. "We were invited, but then it turns out that when the Republicans won, we were uninvited. I didn't know about the Democratic part of asking us to play. I just assumed, that what it was, was it doesn't matter who won, it's still a big party, right? But I guess it's not. I guess there's more politics involved. ... I don't know who's playing Trump's party, but God bless them."

Top Viewed Issues